We packed a ton of information into one week at the Pixel Ninja Photo Camp. Students worked with an assortment of Canon digital SLR cameras, wide angle and zoom lenses, studio lighting and lighting modifiers, the Wacom pen tablet, and the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge. We even did a photo shoot with Master Loevner!
Here are just some of the things we covered in camp:
- Basic camera operation: choosing ISO, aperture, and shutter speed
- Lens choices and focusing
- Composition styles: depth of field, vignetting, the rule of thirds, and others!
- Studio lighting: controlling intensity, distribution, color, and movement
- Digital RAW adjustment: sharpening and noise reduction, grayscale and split toning, filters, etc
- Photoshop effects
- Basic retouching: removing blemishes or scratches, whitening the teeth, cleaning feet or uniforms
- Photoshop layers, blending modes, and masking
- Studio photography workflow
Students created some really awesome projects! (Click on each photo to view full size).